Monday, October 10, 2016

The Excitement of New Games and Things to Come

A lot of gamers have Their Game; the one true game that is the one they play. They know that game inside and out and have played it for years. It's entirely possible that they have never played another game at all. I'm OK with that, I just don't know how they do it. I love to try new games! There are more games coming out that I want to try than I have time to play. It doesn't help that I am also a big fan of lengthy campaigns. Maybe this is where I can start to understand those gamers who just play the one game.

We started making Wednesday gaming a more regular thing as you may have noticed with the Red Markets campaign. Before Red Markets was a short Post-Apocalyptic Robot Savage Worlds campaign and before that was the start and quick end of The Great Pendragon Campaign. We're dedicating Wednesdays to short campaigns, one-shots, and just plain ol' trying out games that are striking our fancy. Games that are in the works: some nWoD 1st ed. (man it is getting complicated to explain what Word of Darkness game you're playing these days) for Halloween, more Exiles (video of some Exiles embedded below as an extra treat), Dragon Age, and Eclipse Phase. There's also been talk of Savage Worlds Rifts and Unknown Armies, both games that I've happily Kickstarted. Randy's run some Through the Breach for us on occasion, which may or may not be of an audio quality we can share, and I hope he will continue to do so in the future. We're also in some actual podcast discussions but more on that when things are more definite.

We will probably be finished playing the Greylord Magiya this year. That gaping hole in our gaming schedule is bound to be filled by a new long campaign but I'm not sure what it will be or who will be running it. It may very well be something we've tried out on our One Shot Wednesdays and it may very well be me. We'll just see how it plays out. I am very fond of Iron Kingdoms RPG as a game; it will almost certainly cycle back into our gaming schedule. Maybe I understand those guys with their one game more than I thought. Anyway, as promised, here is that Exiles video:

No comments:

Post a Comment