Friday, April 5, 2013

And So It Begins...

Sorry for the delay my dears, but weather has gotten tolerable again and work has picked up...not to mention I've had the pleasure of gaming in several different games in different systems. Right now, I've got a Monsters and Other Childish Things game on Sundays, a Pathfinder game on Tuesdays and at some point, I'm sure we'll get back to our D&D 3.5 game soon. (Seriously, you don't need a link for that.) We've gone through three characters in as many games in Pathfinder, one of which was my own Didd, the Doppelganger (yeah, he allowed that) Bard. Up next for me is a Half-Orc Barbarian/Ranger (we're playing with gestalt rules) which is much more my usual than the bard I had and the cleric I've got going in 3.5.

But I digress. Progress has stalled on the Malibu Dream Dungeon; highlighting neon pink is apparently much more difficult than expected and is currently sitting in the corner in timeout. What is taking up most of my gaming attention is my Beginner's D&D Campaign. Campaign may be a bit grandiose, but my intention is this: teach people the ropes of a system through a tutorial-style adventure, then let them loose and teach a different system. My hope is that they would start up their own gaming group, with someone taking over as DM, or be more confident in finding another gaming group to join. After months of agonizing over which system to run, I settled on D&D 4e. Many of you may be horrified but in response, I give you this. 4e is technically still what is 'current' for Dungeons & Dragons. D&D Next is in constant flux and I could not justify doing that to new players. I still wanted to play D&D and I wanted it to be as accessible as possible. The next system I run for beginners will probably be Pathfinder, though I have copies of Iron Kingdoms and Eclipse Phase crying out to be thoroughly read. I'll also admit, GURPS has my favorite magic system and I love it thoroughly.

That's all for now, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment